Effective Date: June 1, 2021
US Performance Academy, Inc. (“Company” or “We”) respects your privacy. This policy describes the types of information we may collect when you visit the website http://www.GoUSPA.org or the websites for our learning management and educational systems (“Educational Websites”) (collectively, the “Websites“) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information you provide voluntarily when requesting information, catalogs, or other materials or to satisfy other requests. This information may include your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, and the names, date(s) of birth and grade level(s) of your child(ren) or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information“).
If you decide to enroll your child in our program, we collect information from you during the application and enrollment process such as certain education records, date of birth, proof of residency, and any other information you choose to provide.
Our Educational Websites (student information systems and learning management system) may collect other personal information from students in the course of providing educational services to enrolled students.
We may collect personal information at other times including when you email us, complete surveys, or otherwise communicate with us.
How We Use Information
We use information that we collect or that you provide to us, for any lawful purpose, including the following:
Disclosure of Information
We may share personal information that we collect or you provide with other parties, including the following:
- With certain contractors, service providers, and other third parties who will use information to perform functions on our behalf, such as to process transactions you have requested, provide customer service, and inform you of products or services we offer that you may find useful.
- With any affiliates or joint venture partners that we may have in the future.
- With your consent or as otherwise disclosed at the time of data collection or sharing.
We require our service providers to protect your personal information and to use or disclose it only for the work they are performing for us, or as permitted by law.
- https://gouspa.org/terms-of-use/ and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
We may share information that has been de-identified or aggregated without limitation.
Cookies and Similar Technologies
A cookie is a text file that is placed on your browser or hard drive of your computer. In some countries, you must agree before certain cookies are placed on your browser or hard drive. In this policy, “cookies” can also refer to similar technologies like a web tag or beacon.
Each time you visit the Websites, information is automatically gathered via cookies such as your IP address, the name of the page from which you entered the Website, which pages you view, and for how long you view them. This information is collected in order to improve Website functionality, remarketing activities, and for trend analysis. As with most websites, we may use “cookies” for marketing purposes, to track usage of our Websites, and to improve your experience of our Websites, although marketing information is not gathered from the Educational Websites.
We may also allow third-party cookies on the Websites as part of marketing activities we conduct with Google and/or other third-party vendors, to help provide you with relevant messaging as you use the Internet. As part of these remarketing activities, these third-party cookies may record your visits to our Websites and nonaffiliated websites across the Internet. Such cookies can then be used to serve targeted messaging to you on other websites.
The following cookies are used on our Websites:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Websites. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Websites.
- Analytical/performance cookies. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Websites when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Websites work, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting and advertising cookies. These cookies record your visit to our Websites, such as the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our Websites and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
Managing and Blocking Cookies
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If, however, you choose to decline certain essential cookies, you may compromise the ability to fully experience the interactive features of our Websites or have some of our services on the Websites function properly. Further information about cookies may be available using the help function of your Internet browser.
To effectively manage cookies via browser settings, you must set cookie preferences on all browsers and all devices that you use. If you clear cache or cookies, be sure to reset your preferences.
Digital Advertising & Analytics
We may partner with ad networks and other ad serving providers (“Advertising Providers”) that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated platforms. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information Advertising Providers collect about your use of the Websites and other sites or apps over time, including information about relationships among different browsers and devices. This type of advertising is known as interest-based advertising.
We adhere to the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) Self-Regulatory Principles in connection with this interest-based advertising activity. You may visit the DAA Webchoices tool at www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about this type of advertising and how to opt out of this advertising on websites by companies participating in the DAA self-regulatory program.
US Performance Academy uses Google Analytics and other third-party services to improve the performance of the Site and for analytics and marketing purposes. For more information about how Google Analytics collects and uses data when you use our Websites, visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and to opt out of Google Analytics, visit tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you delete your cookies, reset your identifier, or use a different browser or mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices exercised through the DAA tools on those browsers and devices. Note that electing to opt out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests.
Links to Other Sites
Student Data Privacy and Security
US Performance Academy uses industry best practices to protect the privacy of all of our students and families. When our Services are used as part of a partner organization’s educational mission or a family enrolls their student with US Performance Academy, the personal information related to the student users that is (i) provided to US Performance Academy by a parent, student or partner organization, or (ii) collected by US Performance Academy during the provision of our services to a student or Partner Organization, may include information protected by similar student data privacy laws. We call this information “Student Records.”
We have also implemented reasonable technical and organizational safeguards to protect Student Records and other personal information.
Additional Information Regarding Children’s Privacy
Information We Collect About Children
How We Use and Disclose Children’s Information
In addition to the use and disclosure set forth above, we may share usernames and account information with other users, such as teachers, learning coaches, athletic coaches or school administrators.
The educational Websites collect personal information that is maintained by third parties (such as service providers, content partners or vendors). Collection and sharing of such information with third parties is only for educational purposes. Such third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality of such information and to use or disclose it only for the work they are performing for us, or as permitted by law.
A parent or guardian can review personal information associated with their Child or request that US Performance Academy, its affiliates, schools, and vendors acting on behalf of US Performance Academy stop using or delete their Child’s personal information by making a request in writing to Operations@GoUSPA.org. Please note that if you make a request to prohibit personal information from being used for purposes reasonably necessary by US Performance Academy, its affiliates, schools, and vendors acting on behalf of US Performance Academy or to have such personal information deleted, it will not be possible for your child to participate in a US Performance Academy program.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may send us an email at Operations@GoUSPA.org to request that we give you access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account.
We may not accommodate a request to change or delete information if we believe the change or deletion would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights
This section applies to those that use our Websites from the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom.
Depending on what information we collect from you and how we collect it, we process your personal information for the following purposes:
- In order to administer our contractual relationship, including setting up your requested Services, payments, renewals and processes;
- Because it is in our legitimate interest to run a successful and efficient business and provide you with the Services and other useful content;
- In order to fulfill any legal obligations we may have to collect this information from you; and/or
- Because you have provided your consent for us to do so.
Please be aware that the personal information we collect may be transferred to and maintained on servers or databases located outside your state, province, country, or other jurisdiction, where the privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your location.
In addition to the rights outlined above, where the EU General Data Protection Regulation or relevant data protection laws apply, you may:
- Ask whether we process personal information about you, and if we do, to request access to data we hold about you;
- Request that we rectify or delete the personal information we hold about you;
- Request that we restrict or stop processing the personal information we hold about you;
- Under certain circumstances, receive personal information about you that we store and transmit to another without hindrance from us, including requesting that we provide your personal information directly to another (i.e., right to data portability); and
- Where we have previously obtained your consent, withdraw consent to processing personal information about you.
To exercise these rights, please contact us at Operations@GoUSPA.org. Please be aware that we may be unable to afford these rights to you under certain circumstances, such as if we are legally prevented from doing so.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint against us. To do so, contact the supervisory authority in your country of residence.
PO Box 293
Elkins, New Hampshire 03233