Sports Academy Now Offering Middle & High School Education
Sports Academy and US Performance Academy (USPA) have created a partnership in order to train, support, and educate high performance athletes looking to find the balance between their competitive athletics and a college-prep education.
USPA is an accredited, NCAA approved, private, online, middle & high school created for high-performance athletes. Designed by athletes and educators, the approach benefits driven students who are training, traveling, competing, and pushing to the next level. The online curriculum allows for a flexible school schedule and academic calendar. The support system keeps students involved, motivated, and on track to success. And the focus on the student-athlete’s future goals and aspirations opens up a doorway to future opportunities. Working with its partners, US Performance Academy not only offers excellent academics, but builds the total student athlete via performance training, mental skills, and nutritional guidance.
Sports Academy enlists diverse experts to support youth, amateur, and elite athletes with a full-circle training approach including body, performance, and mind training. It’s a place youth and pros alike call home, training under one roof — where the good come to get better and the best come to maintain. With multiple state-of-the-art facilities available to athletes, Sports Academy’s locations – two in California and one in Texas — are full-service Human Performance Centers that have it all: From basketball courts and turf to a sand pit and a track; from a performance center to a recovery suite; from a cognition lab to an integrated sports medicine wing.
Sports Academy and US Performance Academy’s goal is to offer athletics and academics in one, seamless package. The student-athlete’s course schedule will be built around their training and competition schedule. Their teachers, coaches, and learning coaches will work together to understand and support each individual student-athlete and provide a personalized experience for the entire family.
More About the USPA-SA Partnership
- USPA is a fully accredited, NCAA-approved school, offering over 100 courses and 20 electives, an individualized curriculum, learning coaches, a unique community of high-performance athletes, and a proven record of graduate success
- As part of Sports Academy and US Performance Academy’s partnership, students enrolled in USPA will have access to daily training and drills — both mental and physical — with a focus on specific sports as well as general physical education
- Exclusive access to SA’s MOVE app, with unique daily physical performance and cognition training opportunities
- Access to all services that SA offers within flagship locations in Thousand Oaks, CA; and Redondo Beach, CA; as well as multiple YMCA locations throughout Southern California
- Sport-focused cognition and decision-making training
- Informational sessions with SA’s expert coaches, trainers and medical professionals
“The team at USPA has been a pleasure to work with, and they are the highest quality of individuals,” said Brett Kahanowitch, VP of Development at Sports Academy. “We are extremely excited to help support the next generation of athletes from a performance side, as they continue to get the highest level of education with their USPA academic program. We look forward to a long-lasting relationship, continuing our mission to help all athletes achieve their peak potential, whether in school or sport.”
“The Sports Academy has an amazing history working with professionals, amateurs, and student-athletes throughout the world. We are so excited to be working with the entire Sports Academy team. Anytime you combine two industry leaders, the result will be an incredibly strong offering; and ours addresses the entire student-athlete.” said Pete Smith, President of USPA. “I am confident this is not only going to be an amazing partnership, but a fantastic program for those athletes who are serious about academics and athletics. We will look forward to a great relationship with the entire Sports Academy team.”