Do you enjoy working with students-athletes and their families, have a record of successful teaching in a formal or informal environment and have experience using educational technologies in a teaching environment? Are you a current or retired middle or high school teacher, recent Teach for America participant, or career changer ready to take on a dynamic role in a growing online school for high performance athletes? If so, US Performance Academy (USPA) would like to hear from you. As an integral member of the academic team, you will partner with faculty to oversee and enhance our academic program. This is a full-time, year-round position located in in Valencia, Spain. This person will be responsible for overall management of the USPA Learning Center at Valencia. You can learn more about the program through this video.
WHO WE ARE
About US Performance Academy
USPA offers a stimulating and unique working environment with a competitive salary. We seek team members who possess a unique skill set since this is a multi-faceted teaching position. At USPA, we celebrate the importance of family, personal time, and individual growth, and we strive to offer flexibility to all our team members.
US Performance Academy is an accredited, private, online school for high performance athletes in middle and high school. Designed by athletes and educators, our approach specifically benefits driven students who are training, traveling, competing, and pushing to the next level. The online curriculum allows for a flexible school schedule and academic calendar. The support system keeps students involved, motivated, and on track to success. The focus on future goals and aspirations opens up a doorway to opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
To support our growing program, US Performance Academy seeks a talented educator who possess a thorough knowledge of online learning environments and understands the vision and goal of the USPA learning coaches model. This person will be responsible for overall management of the USPA blended learning environment at the USPA learning center in Valencia, Spain.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Meet the academic needs of student-athletes with varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- Be the on-site learning coach at the Global Premier Soccer facility, working in conjunction with on-site athletes and their coaching staff.
- Serve as liaison between students, family and school.
- Collaborate with other learning coaches and USPA leadership in reviewing, developing, and implementing new curriculum.
- Schedule and participate in active advisee meetings for at least one hour per week, per student.
- Monitor advisee learning progress and identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Oversee advisee learning portfolios and guide development.
- Schedule and assist in preparation for student-led parent conferences.
- Travel as needed over the course of the year to student retreats, advisee sporting events, and USPA orientation events.
- Communicate with school administrators regarding the progress of each advisee on a regular basis.
- Support the maintenance of students’ academic and extracurricular records and serve as a resource for students and families.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Master’s Degree (preferred) or a Bachelor’s Degree.
- Background in school administration preferred.
- Math and Science background strongly preferred.
- Experience working in online learning environments strongly preferred.
- Background in working with middle school or high school age students in a classroom environment.
- Background or experience in athletics.
- Experience working virtually with faculty and student advisees.
- Strong interpersonal skills with high energy and sense of humor.
- Intuitively creative and collaborative.
- Attention to detail and the ability to respond quickly to time sensitive requests.
- Ability to multitask, provide immediate assistance, and prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work collaboratively and independently with little direct supervision.
- Background in community building, social media, special education, or college counseling a plus.
- Flexibility and a sense of humor.
- Strong technology skills including word processing, Excel, and web-based collaboration tools.
- Bilingual in Spanish and English.
WHAT WE BRING
USPA is a team of virtually-based educators that have deep commitment to their work. We believe the quality of our school must match the potential of our students. We get things done and believe that in our highly collaborative environment that anything is possible. All of our decisions are made through the lens of what is best for our students. We tackle tough questions without ego, are results oriented, and have high expectations for school and our students.
Compensation: Based on experience
Start Date: Summer 2018
Location: Valencia, Spain
Number of Positions to be Filled: 1
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills, a letter of interest, and the names of three professional references to email@example.com with USPA Learning Coach in the subject line. From there, we require the completion of pre-interview work assignment – a thoughtful response to which will require investing 1-2 hours of preparation time. We find both the willingness to invest this time – coupled with the insights we derive from the answers – help us find the truly capable and passionate candidates. Qualified applicants who pass this review will be phone screened, and finalists will conduct interviews with our leadership team.
USPA is an EOE and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, place of national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or physical handicap in its employment practice.