US Performance Academy is an accredited, private, online school for high performance athletes in middle and high school. Designed by athletes and educators, our approach specifically benefits driven students who are training, traveling, competing, and pushing themselves to the next level. The online curriculum allows for a flexible school schedule and academic calendar.
The support system keeps students involved, motivated, and on track to success. The focus on future goals and aspirations opens up a doorway to opportunities. US Performance Academy is designed for young athletes looking for a school that supports them as an athlete, creates a pathway towards their personal, professional, and athletic goals, and leverages the latest technology for an on-the-go environment.
- Associate Director of College Counseling
Do you enjoy working with students-athletes and their families, have a record of successful college counseling/advising in a formal or informal environment and have experience using educational technologies in counseling practices? Are you a college counselor ready to take on a dynamic role in a growing online school for high performance athletes? If so, US Performance Academy (USPA) would like to hear from you. As an integral member of the academic team, you will partner with faculty to oversee and enhance our college counseling program. This is a full-time, year-round position reporting to the Director of College Counseling.
WHO WE ARE
About US Performance Academy
USPA offers a stimulating and unique working environment with a competitive salary. We seek team members who possess a unique skill set since this is a multi-faceted position. At USPA, we celebrate the importance of family, personal time, and individual growth, and we strive to offer flexibility to all our team members.
US Performance Academy is an accredited, private, online school for high performance athletes in middle and high school. Designed by athletes and educators, our approach specifically benefits driven students who are training, traveling, competing, and pushing to the next level. The online curriculum allows for a flexible school schedule and academic calendar. The support system keeps students involved, motivated, and on track to success. The focus on future goals and aspirations opens up a doorway to opportunities.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
To support our growing program, US Performance Academy seeks a talented college counseling leader who possesses a thorough knowledge of online learning environments and understands the vision and goal of the USPA learning model. The Associate Director of College Counseling will assist the Director of College Counseling in guiding students and their families through all stages of the college search and admission process. USPA’s four-year, developmental approach to the process includes self-assessment and forward planning for freshmen and sophomores, and one-on-one college counseling relationships with juniors and seniors. While grounded in the philosophy of a student-centered and student-driven search, working closely with parents, learning coaches and athletic coaches are intrinsic parts of the process as well.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Meet the college counseling needs of student-athletes with varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- Serve as liaison between students, family, coaches and school.
- Collaborate with faculty and USPA leadership in reviewing, developing, and implementing new programs in college admission counseling.
- Actively contribute to all office programs, presentations, and initiatives; reporting directly to the Director of College Counseling.
- Supervise a staff of Assistant Directors of College Counseling throughout the country/world.
- Develop and maintain close professional relationships with students, parents, faculty/staff, and college admission personnel.
- Write the School Letter of Recommendation and act as an advocate for each counselee.
- Potential travel to regional and national professional development conferences and to individual colleges and universities.
- Participate in weekly leadership meetings.
- Monitor counselee progress and provide ongoing college planning.
- Travel as needed over the course of the year to student retreats, counselee sporting events, and USPA orientation events.
- Communicate with school administrators regarding the progress of each counselee on a regular basis.
- Support the maintenance of students’ academic and extracurricular records and serve as a resource for students and families.
- Maintain the SCOIR database.
- Create real time and webinar based professional development workshops for faculty.
- Manage NCAA registration, eligibility and transcript submission.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
Skills and Capabilities
The ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree. Master’s Degree (preferred).
- Five or more years of experience in both selective college admission and high school college counseling.
- Experience working in online learning environments strongly preferred.
- Ability to listen, reflect, and connect with students; to collaborate with energy and creativity as a team player; and to think strategically — both as it relates to the admission process and to the efforts of the office as a whole.
- Experience using the Blackbaud, SCOIR and/or equivalent student management systems.
- Thorough understanding of the application process at public and private colleges and universities, current trends in admission, and financial aid.
- Background in working with middle school or high school age students in a classroom environment.
- Background or experience in athletics.
- Experience working virtually with faculty and student advisees.
- Strong interpersonal skills with high energy, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Attention to detail and the ability to respond quickly to time sensitive requests.
- Ability to multitask, provide immediate assistance, and prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work collaboratively and independently with little direct supervision.
- Strong technology skills including word processing, Excel, and web-based collaboration tools.
- Bilingual in English and Mandarin or Spanish is a plus.
WHAT WE BRING
USPA is a team of virtually-based professionals that have deep commitment to their work. We believe the quality of our school must match the potential of our students. We get things done and believe that in our highly collaborative environment that anything is possible. All of our decisions are made through the lens of what is best for our students. We tackle tough questions without ego, are results oriented, and have high expectations for school and our students.
Compensation: Based on experience
Start Date: Immediate Opening
Location: Anywhere (New England Preferred)
Number of Positions to be Filled: 1
USPA is an EOE and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, place of national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or physical handicap in its employment practice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Aggressive — competitive and growth-oriented
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday