US Performance Academy is an accredited, private, online school for high performance athletes in middle and high school. Designed by athletes and educators, our approach specifically benefits driven students who are training, traveling, competing, and pushing themselves to the next level. The online curriculum allows for a flexible school schedule and academic calendar.
The support system keeps students involved, motivated, and on track to success. The focus on future goals and aspirations opens up a doorway to opportunities. US Performance Academy is designed for young athletes looking for a school that supports them as an athlete, creates a pathway towards their personal, professional, and athletic goals, and leverages the latest technology for an on-the-go environment.
Do you enjoy working with student-athletes and their families, have a record of successful teaching in a formal or informal environment, and experience incorporating educational technologies into a teaching environment? Are you a current or previous middle or high school teacher, recent Teach for America participant, or looking to build a career in online education, and ready to take on a dynamic role in a growing online school for elite athletes? If so, US Performance Academy (USPA) would like to hear from you. As an integral member of the academic team, you will partner with other faculty to oversee and enhance the academic program.
Overview of Responsibilities
To support our growing program, US Performance Academy seeks a talented educator who possesses a thorough knowledge of online learning environments, the unique lifestyle of a young athlete and understands the vision and goal of the USPA Learning Coaches model.
Role and Responsibilities
- Meet the academic needs of student-athletes with varying backgrounds and learning styles.
- Build authentic relationships with young people.
- Be the on-site learning coach at a USPA site facility working in conjunction with athletes and their coaching staff (if based in Exeter, NH).
- Serve as liaison between student, family, and school.
- Collaborate with other learning coaches and USPA leadership in reviewing, developing, and implementing new curriculum for both virtual and site based students.
- Schedule and participate in active advisee meetings for at least one hour per week per student.
- Monitor advisee learning progress and identifies strengths and weaknesses.
- Oversee advisee learning portfolios and guide development.
- Schedule and assist in preparation for student-led parent conferences.
- Communicate with school administrators regarding the progress of each advisee on a regular basis.
- Support the maintenance of students’ academic and extracurricular records and serve as a resource for students and families.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
The ideal candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience working in online learning environments is strongly preferred.
- Background in working with middle school or high school age students in a classroom environment.
- Background or experience in athletics.
- Experience working virtually with faculty and student advisees.
- Strong interpersonal skills with high energy and sense of humor.
- Intuitively creative and collaborative.
- Attention to detail and the ability to respond quickly to time sensitive requests.
- Ability to multitask, provide immediate assistance, and prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work collaboratively and independently with little direct supervision.
- Background in community building, social media, special education, or one academic area a plus.
- Strong technology skills including word processing, Excel, and web-based collaboration tools.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
- Patience and caring about student learning.
About US Performance Academy
US Performance Academy offers a stimulating and unique working environment, and a competitive salary. We seek team members who possess a unique skill set since this is a multi-faceted position. At USPA, we celebrate the importance of family, personal time, and individual growth, and we strive to offer flexibility to all our team members.
USPA is an accredited, private, online school for high performance athletes in middle and high school. Designed by athletes and educators, our approach specifically benefits driven students who are training, traveling, competing, and pushing to the next level. The online curriculum allows for a flexible school schedule and academic calendar. The support system keeps students involved, motivated, and on track to success. The focus on future goals and aspirations opens up a doorway to opportunities.
USPA is a team of virtually-based educators that have deep commitment to their work. We believe the quality of our school must match the potential of our students. We get things done and believe that in our highly collaborative environment that anything is possible. All of our decisions are made through the lens of what is best for our students. We tackle tough questions without ego, are results oriented, and have high expectations for school and our students.
Compensation: Based on experience
Hours: Part Time
Start Date: ongoing
Location: Any (Remote)
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills, a letter of interest, and the names of three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with USPA Learning Coach in the subject line. USPA is an EOE and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, place of national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation or physical handicap in its employment practice.