About the USPA Curriculum
- Courses are accredited by Cognia and NCAA approved.
- Highly-qualified and certified teachers work 1:1 with students and communicate via video conferencing, live chat, telephone, and e-mail.
- Learning coaches who support students and families beyond the classroom.
- Interactive and engaging courses with video instruction by real teachers.
- Instruction on key concepts and skills through expert teachers.
- Highly interactive courses with multiple ways for students to engage with rigorous content.
- Standards aligned with real world examples and assignments.
- Multiple supports, including captioning, text-to-speech read aloud, translation, and the ability to pause/rewind/replay instruction.
- Self-paced and mastery based so students can work through material at their own rate.
While online courses offer flexibility, they also require self-motivation and time management skills. Most students can expect to spend 4-5 hours per day on their coursework.
We encourage students to review and/or submit work five times a week when not at major competitions.
Our online calendar template allows students to schedule their coursework over a 12 month period to permit winter athletes to do more focused work during the summer and for summer athletes to increase their workload in the winter.
Our learning coaches work closely with students to plan appropriate schedules.